SPECTRUM RESIDENTIAL SERVICES AGREEMENT
In addition to these Residential General Terms and Conditions of Service ("General Terms"), You, individually ("You" or "Subscriber"), and You, on behalf of every member of your household, current and future, every visitor to or guest in your household, and any other person who uses the Services (together with Subscriber, the "Subscriber Group"), agree to be bound by the terms of service applicable to the residential Spectrum service(s) to which You subscribe (hereafter, "Service" or "Services"), as well as the Spectrum Subscriber Privacy Notice which may each be found at www.spectrum.com, under "Terms of Service/Policies" and "Your Privacy Rights," as such may be updated from time to time (collectively, the "Terms of Service"), which are incorporated herein by this reference. En el caso de un conflicto entre los siguientes Términos generales y las Condiciones del servicio específicas del Servicio, las Condiciones del servicio específicas del Servicio tendrán prioridad. For purposes of these Terms of Service, all references to "Spectrum" mean Charter Communications Operating, LLC and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries providing Subscriber the Services (including third parties Spectrum may retain to provide the Services).
If Spectrum provides Spectrum Voice™ service in Subscriber’s area, it will be provided through the Spectrum phone service affiliate servicing Subscriber’s area.
Subscriber's signature on the work order presented upon installation of Services, the Subscriber Group's use of Services, and/or any other form of signature or action indicating intention to use (e.g., online acceptance, e-signature or breaking the seal on the box of a self-installation kit) are evidence of Subscriber Group's agreement to these General Terms which incorporate the Terms of Service. Spectrum may change its prices, fees, the Services, and/or the Terms of Service. The Subscriber Group's continued use of the Services after notice of the change shall be considered Subscriber's acknowledgement and acceptance of the changes, and the most-recent version of these Terms of Service controls Subscriber's relationship with Spectrum and Spectrum's provision of Services to Subscriber. . The current version of the Terms of Service may be found at "www.spectrum.com" under "Terms of Service/Policies." Subscriber may not modify these General Terms, the Service-specific Terms of Service, or the Spectrum Subscriber Privacy Notice by making any typed, handwritten, or any other changes to it for any purpose. Este es un documento legal vinculante. In the event that a portion of the Services is terminated, or any aspect of it is changed, any remaining Service or replacement Service will continue to be governed by these General Terms and Terms of Service incorporated herein.
These General Terms and the Terms of Service do not apply to services sold under the Spectrum Business brand.
THESE GENERAL TERMS CONTAIN (1) A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION, WHICH INCLUDES A WAIVER OF YOUR RIGHT TO BRING CLAIMS AS CLASS ACTIONS; (2) A LIMITATION ON YOUR RIGHT TO BRING CLAIMS AGAINST SPECTRUM MORE THAN 1 YEAR AFTER THE RELEVANT EVENTS OCCURRED; AND (3) THE RIGHT TO OPT OUT OF THE FOREGOING PROVISIONS. THESE PROVISIONS AFFECT SUBSCRIBER'S RIGHTS UNDER THESE GENERAL TERMS WITH RESPECT TO ALL SERVICES. SEE SECTION 28 FOR DETAILS ON THESE PROVISIONS.
- Pago de cargos: al Abonado se le facturarán por adelantado en forma mensual los Servicios que recibirá, más los cargos prorrateados, si los hubiera, por períodos no facturados anteriormente. Subscriber will be billed monthly in arrears for all Services used including Pay Per View, On Demand or other Services ordered where charges are based on actual usage or on orders placed during the previous month. Subscriber shall pay all monthly charges and all applicable fees and taxes as listed on the Spectrum monthly bill.
Subscriber shall notify Spectrum of disputed charges or items within sixty (60) days of invoice receipt, or longer as required by applicable law. Failure to pay charges billed (including checks returned for insufficient funds) may result in discontinuance of Service, the removal of all Equipment (as defined in Section 4 below) and/or imposition of a late payment or service charge. If the Subscriber has more than one account (business and/or residential) served by Spectrum, all Spectrum-provided Services at all locations may be subject to suspension or discontinuance of Service in the event any one account remains unpaid, and Spectrum may apply any funds received from Subscriber first to such delinquent account(s). Should Subscriber wish to resume a Service after any suspension, Subscriber may be subject to reconnection fees. Should Subscriber wish to resume a Service after termination of Service, Spectrum may charge fees for installation, service calls and/or activation. Esos cargos se aplicarán además de los cargos por pago atrasado y otros cargos. In the event collection activities are required, additional collection charges may be imposed.
Charges may apply for service visits when Spectrum-owned equipment is not the cause of any service degradation, outage, or other problem with your service.
Subscriber's first bill may include partial-month charges for Service received. If partial payment is made of any bill and without waiving its right to collect the full balance owed, Spectrum will apply that payment to any outstanding charges in the amounts and proportions that it determines.
Subscriber agrees and understands that by entering into the financial arrangement described herein, Spectrum is not extending Subscriber any credit and therefore that Spectrum and Subscriber are not entering into a consumer credit or similar transaction.
- Pago con cheque; fondos insuficientes/artículos devueltos; procesamiento por medio de terceros. If Subscriber makes payment by check, Subscriber authorizes Spectrum to collect such payment electronically. Subscriber may not amend or modify these General Terms with any restrictive endorsements (such as "paid in full"), releases, or other statements on or accompanying checks or other payments accepted by Spectrum; any of which notations shall have no legal effect. Si la compañía o institución financiera emisoras de la tarjeta del Abonado deniegan el pago por fondos insuficientes, cuentas cerradas o no autorizadas, o por cualquier otro motivo, se le cobrará al Abonado un cargo por fondos insuficientes (tal y como se establece en la tabla de precios aplicable para Servicio de video o Guía de precios aplicable para Servicio de teléfono en la zona del Abonado) en cada caso en el que dicho pago sea rechazado. Subscriber hereby authorizes Spectrum to collect any declined amount and the insufficient funds charge(s) electronically from the subject account. Además, se podría suspender o cancelar el Servicio del Abonado. Este cargo es adicional a cualquier otro que la institución financiera del Abonado pudiese imponerle. If initially rejected, Spectrum may make additional multiple attempts to execute the payment for up to thirty (30) days following the initial refusal.
Subscriber shall be responsible for any payment processing fees incurred when using a third party to process Subscriber’s payments to Spectrum.
- Spectrum Refund Policy/30-Day Guarantee. New Subscribers (those who have not been Spectrum customers for 90 days prior to subscription) qualify to have all levels of subscription Service refunded/credited if not fully satisfied with the Service. Los Abonados actuales que agreguen un nuevo nivel de Servicio de suscripción son elegibles para recibir un reembolso/crédito solamente en los Servicios de suscripción agregados recientemente pero no recibidos en los 90 días anteriores. Dicho reembolso es válido para clientes que paguen su primer mes de Servicios de suscripción recurrente mensual nuevos o actualizados. Pay-Per-View and other non-recurring subscription purchases are not refundable nor are any related installation fees that may apply. El Abonado tiene un límite de un reembolso o crédito por hogar por un máximo de 30 días de Servicio. Refunds/credits will be given only when request for cancellation of Service is received by Spectrum within 45 days of installation of Service (30 days subscribing to the Service, plus 15 day grace period for formal request of refund/credit). Todo equipo asociado a la nueva suscripción debe devolverse antes de hacerse efectivo el reembolso/crédito. Todos los impuestos estatales, cargos de franquicia y otras tarifas o cargos que puedan aplicarse son responsabilidad del Abonado y no serán objeto de reembolso o crédito. Pueden aplicarse otras restricciones a cualquier oferta.
- Spectrum Property: All Spectrum-provided equipment distributed to and/or installed for use in the Subscriber's service location(s) by or on behalf of Spectrum ("Equipment") remains the property of Spectrum, except for the "cable home wiring" as defined at 47 C.F.R. §76.5(ll). Equipment is intended to service and reside at the specific Service location and is not to be used or relocated off premises without Spectrum authorization. El Abonado debe devolver todo el Equipo al momento de sustituir el uso o cancelar el Servicio. Failure to do so will result in a charge to be determined in accordance with Spectrum's then current schedule of charges for non-returned Equipment, which amount shall be due immediately. El Abonado acuerda pagar esos cargos si el Equipo se pierde (o es robado), se daña o se destruye.
- Disruption of Service: All Services are provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. In no event shall Spectrum be liable for any failure or interruption of Service, including without limitation those failures and interruptions resulting in part or entirely from circumstances beyond Spectrum's reasonable control. Subject to applicable law, Spectrum may give credit with respect to Subscriber's recurring monthly subscription fee for qualifying outages of Services.
- Equipment: Spectrum will repair and/or replace damaged or defective Equipment, if any, as long as such damage or defect was not caused by misuse or other improper operations or handling by Subscriber. Spectrum shall have the right to presume misuse or other improper operations or handling by Subscriber in the event Subscriber requests repair or replacement more than twice in any twelve (12) month period, or more than three times in any twenty-four (24) month period, and shall have no obligation to fulfill any such repair or replacement. Spectrum is not responsible for the maintenance or repair of Subscriber-provided equipment, including but not limited to connected devices, mobile devices, home telephones, computers, modems, televisions, or any other related Subscriber-provided equipment. A service charge may be imposed upon the dispatch of a technician if there is damage to Equipment due to negligent use or abuse or if no fault is discovered in Spectrum's system or Equipment. Spectrum makes no warranties, with respect to Equipment or Service provided by Spectrum or with respect to the compatibility of the Service or the Equipment with any Subscriber-provided equipment.
ALL EQUIPMENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS", AND SPECTRUM HEREBY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE.
SPECTRUM NO SERÁ RESPONSABLE POR DAÑOS INDIRECTOS, CONSIGUIENTES, EJEMPLARES, ESPECIALES, FORTUITOS O PUNITIVOS (LO QUE INCLUYE, SIN LIMITACIÓN, PÉRDIDA DE NEGOCIOS, BENEFICIOS, INGRESOS O BUENA VOLUNTAD) QUE SURJAN DEL USO, LA IMPLEMENTACIÓN Y/O LA FUNCIONALIDAD DEL EQUIPO.
Spectrum’s sole obligation and Subscriber’s sole remedy with respect to any liability or damage caused by Subscriber’s use or deployment of Equipment, shall be a refund of fees paid by Subscriber for such Equipment for the previous billing month/cycle.
- Subscriber Property: Spectrum assumes no responsibility and shall have no responsibility for the condition or repair of any Subscriber-provided equipment and/or software. El Abonado es el responsable de la reparación y el mantenimiento del equipo y/o software provistos por el Abonado. Spectrum is not responsible or liable for any loss or impairment of Spectrum's Service due in whole or in part to a malfunction, defect or otherwise caused by Subscriber-provided equipment and/or software.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Subscriber agrees to allow Spectrum and our agents the right (A) to install hardware in, (B) send software downloads to, and (C) install, access configure, maintain, inspect or upgrade Subscriber-provided equipment to the extent necessary to provide Service. Subscriber warrants that Subscriber is either the owner of such equipment or that Subscriber has the authority to give Spectrum access to it.
- Impuestos/Cargos: el Abonado acepta pagar los impuestos y los cargos locales, estatales y federales aplicados o recaudados con respecto a los Servicios, el Equipo o la instalación o los cargos de servicio generados con respecto a los mismos (lo que incluye cargos de franquicia).
With respect to fees and taxes, including franchise fees, imposed by applicable government and regulatory authorities, Spectrum will review the amount it collects in such fees and taxes on a quarterly and annual basis. In the event Spectrum determines that it has collected any fees and/or taxes in excess of sums due to governmental and regulatory authorities, Spectrum will begin refunding such excess fees and taxes to current subscribers within 15 months of the end of each calendar year. Please be aware that, by law in some cases, Subscriber may be billed for taxes and fees that relate to time periods before Subscriber began receiving Services. However, by law, Spectrum will not bill Subscriber for these fees more than 4 years after the year they are incurred by Spectrum. Los cargos de franquicia resultantes de una auditoría por parte de la autoridad de franquicia correspondiente se incurren en el momento en el que se aplican esos cargos.
- Care of Spectrum Property and Service: Subscriber agrees that neither Subscriber nor any other person (except Spectrum's authorized personnel) will: (A) open, tamper with, service, or make any alterations to the Equipment; nor (B) remove or relocate any Equipment from the service address of initial installation. Any alteration, tampering, removal, or the use of Equipment which permits the receipt of Services without authorization or the receipt of Services to an unauthorized number of outlets, or to unauthorized locations, constitutes theft of Service and is prohibited. Notwithstanding the foregoing, upon receipt of a request by Subscriber, Spectrum shall relocate the Equipment for Subscriber within Subscriber's home at a time mutually agreed to by Spectrum and Subscriber. Subscriber may incur a charge for such relocation and should consult a current Spectrum schedule of rates and charges prior to requesting such relocation. If the Subscriber moves residences outside of Spectrum's service area, Subscriber shall notify Spectrum that these General Terms shall be terminated and the provisions of Section 16 shall apply to such termination.
- Access to Subscriber Premises: Subscriber authorizes Spectrum and its employees, agents, contractors and representatives to access and otherwise enter the Subscriber's premises to install, inspect, maintain and/or repair the Equipment and, upon the termination of Service, to remove the same from the premises. Spectrum's failure to remove its Equipment shall not be deemed abandonment thereof. If the installation and maintenance of Service are requested at premises that, in Spectrum's sole discretion, are or may become hazardous or dangerous to our employees, the public or property, Spectrum may refuse to install and maintain such Service.
- Acknowledgments and Contents Regarding Recording of Communications and Contact Rights:
- Recording of Communications. Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that all communications between Subscriber and Spectrum may be recorded or monitored by Spectrum for quality assurance or other purposes subject to applicable law.
- Consent to Phone Calls. Spectrum may call or text Subscriber or authorize others to call or text Subscriber on its behalf including but not limited to at any number Subscriber provides to Spectrum (or that Spectrum issues to Subscriber) for any purpose, including marketing Spectrum's services. If Subscriber's numbers are included on state or federal "do not call" lists, Spectrum will not call or text Subscriber for marketing purposes, but still may call or text Subscriber or authorize others to do so for non-marketing purposes. Subscriber is responsible for charges for incoming text messages on Subscriber's wireless phone(s).
- Robo-Calls. Spectrum (or persons acting on Spectrum’s behalf) may use automated dialing systems or artificial or recorded voices to contact Subscriber or leave Subscriber messages if the call goes to voicemail.
- Other Notices. Subscriber authorizes Spectrum to provide other notices to Subscriber using any method Spectrum determines appropriate, including by electronic means (for example, email or online posting).
- Other Consents. Spectrum may ask Subscriber to provide other consents or authorizations, including by electronic means, email or Subscriber’s equipment (for instance, using Subscriber’s remote control to purchase a VOD movie, to request information regarding an advertiser's products or to "opt in" to a consumer study), and Spectrum is entitled to assume that any consent or authorization Spectrum receives through the Services or from Subscriber’s location has been authorized by Subscriber.
- Email Address for Notice. Upon Spectrum's request, Subscriber will provide Spectrum with a current email address that Subscriber regularly checks so that Spectrum may provide notices and communications to Subscriber at that address.
Spectrum’s right to contact Subscriber as described in this Section survives the termination of these Terms of Service.
- Subscriber's Right to Opt Out of Certain Robo-Calls. If Subscriber does not wish to receive calls, messages, or texts from Spectrum via automated dialing systems or pre-recorded messages on Subscriber's cellular phone, Subscriber may visit our websites to manage communication preferences. Subscriber understands that these straightforward procedures are the exclusive ways to opt-out of such calls. Subscriber also agrees to allow Spectrum sixty (60) business days to honor Subscriber's request, and further agrees that Spectrum will not be liable for any calls or texts to Subscriber in the interim.
Subscriber understands that Spectrum will continue to use automated dialing systems or pre-recorded messages on Subscriber’s cellular phone or landline to communicate non-marketing billing notifications, service notifications, appointment confirmations, and account status updates.
- Secure Connection Requirements. Without abrogating or otherwise limiting Subscriber's separate obligations to secure Subscriber's account and equipment under the Terms of Service, Spectrum shall have the right to implement reasonable measures necessary to track, manage, and/or ensure the security of the connection between any device or application used by Subscriber, members of Subscriber's household, Subscriber's guests, or any third parties and Spectrum's Equipment, system, or other network facilities (whether by physical, WiFi, wireless, software, or other means of connection), including without limitation authentication, access security, or other processes and means.
- Assignment or Transfer: These General Terms and the Services and/or Equipment supplied by Spectrum are not assignable or otherwise transferable by Subscriber, without specific written authorization from Spectrum.
- Cancelación y vencimiento:
- Termination by Subscriber: Unless otherwise terminated, these General Terms shall automatically renew on a month-to-month basis. El Abonado reconoce que todos los precios están sujetos a cambios al momento de dicha renovación. To terminate any recurring Service, Subscribers must call 855-757-7328, or provide a hardcopy written notice of termination to Spectrum delivered to 2 Digital Place, Floor 4, Simpsonville, SC 29681.
- Termination for Bankruptcy: Spectrum shall have the right to terminate these General Terms immediately in the event that Subscriber makes an assignment for the benefit of creditors, or a voluntary or involuntary petition is filed by or against Subscriber under any law having for its purpose the adjudication of Subscriber as a bankrupt or the reorganization of Subscriber.
- Termination for Breach: In the event of any breach of these General Terms by Subscriber, the failure of Subscriber to abide by the rates, rules and regulations of Spectrum, the failure of Subscriber to provide and maintain accurate registration information, or any illegal activity by the Subscriber using any Service, these General Terms may, at Spectrum's option, be terminated and the Equipment removed. Failure of Spectrum to remove such Equipment shall not be deemed abandonment thereof. Subscriber shall pay reasonable collection and/or attorney's fees to Spectrum in the event that Spectrum shall, in its discretion, find it necessary to enforce collection or to preserve and protect its rights under these General Terms. Spectrum may terminate these General Terms or Spectrum may reject an application or block access to or use of any component of any Service for any reason including, but not limited to, if:
- Subscriber violated these General Terms as to this or another Spectrum account;
- The information required in the application process is or becomes incorrect, absent or incomplete;
- Subscriber threatened or harassed any Spectrum employee, agent, contractor or representative;
- Subscriber's credit card issuer refuses a charge or any other payment method fails to compensate Spectrum;
- There is a violation of the Terms of Service or other agreements with respect to any Service, as determined in the sole discretion of Spectrum; or
- The amount of technical support required to be provided to Subscriber is excessive as determined in the sole discretion of Spectrum.
Subscriber further agrees that in the event of termination pursuant to subsections (b) or (c), Spectrum shall have no liability to Subscriber.
- Obligations Upon Termination: The Subscriber agrees that upon termination of these General Terms:
- Subject to 13.a, Subscriber will pay Spectrum in full for Subscriber's use of the Equipment and the Services, as applicable, up to the later of the effective date of termination of these General Terms, the date on which the Service has been disconnected, or the date on which the Equipment is returned to Spectrum. The Subscriber agrees to pay Spectrum on a pro-rated basis for any use by the Subscriber of any Service for a part of a month;
- Subscriber will promptly return all Equipment to Spectrum. In the event that Subscriber fails to return any Equipment within ten (10) days of the termination of these General Terms in addition to Equipment charges contemplated in Section 16.d, Subscriber shall be liable to Spectrum in accordance with Spectrum's then current schedule of charges for non-returned Equipment.
- Renewal after Cancellation or Termination: Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that in the event of renewal after cancellation or termination of a Service, Subscriber shall be subject to the pricing, warranties, and Terms of Service as are effective at the time of such renewal.
- Spectrum's Right to Pursue Remedies and Subscriber's Indemnification Obligations. If Subscriber breaches these General Terms, Spectrum has the right to seek compensation from Subscriber for such breach through arbitration or, if Subscriber has opted out of these General Terms' arbitration provision or we are seeking an order requiring you to do or refrain from doing something, in court. Additionally, if any person or entity brings a claim against Spectrum that arises out of Subscriber's relationship with Spectrum, the Services provided to Subscriber, the General Terms, or Subscriber's breach thereof or failure to comply therewith, Subscriber will indemnify, defend (at Spectrum's exclusive election), and release Spectrum from liability and reimburse Spectrum for any losses that Spectrum may incur, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, as a result of such claim. Subscriber's responsibilities under this Section cover any dispute, whether arising under contract, tort (for example, a negligence or product liability claim), violation of law or regulation or any other legal theory.
- Security Deposit: Any security deposit required of Subscriber for the Equipment or Spectrum's Service will be due and payable upon the first monthly billing. Such security deposits will be returned to Subscriber within sixty (60) days of termination of Spectrum's Service so long as payment has been made for all amounts due on Subscriber's account and Subscriber has returned the Equipment undamaged. If Spectrum is holding a deposit on Subscriber's account, Spectrum has the right to apply the deposited amount against any outstanding balance or shortfall in payments.
- Pago por adelantado: es posible que se solicite un pago por adelantado a los Abonados que no puedan o no quieran proporcionar información para establecer una capacidad de crédito o que tengan una calificación de crédito insatisfactoria. El pago por adelantado será igual al cargo de instalación correspondiente y a un mes de cargos recurrentes, sin incluir impuestos, otros cargos y recargos. El pago por adelantado aparecerá como un crédito y se aplicará a la primera factura mensual. Spectrum reserves the right to refuse Service if the Subscriber fails to fulfill standard credit requirements. After Service has been established, the Subscriber will be responsible for the payment of all applicable charges, including taxes, fees and surcharges to avoid discontinuance of Service.
- Content and Services: All Services are subject to change in accordance with applicable law.
- Tarifas: todas las tarifas están sujetas a cambio, de conformidad con la legislación aplicable.
- Cargo por pago atrasado: si la cuenta del Abonado tiene una deuda con más de 30 días de atraso, se incluirá un recordatorio en la factura del Abonado. If Subscriber's past due balance remains unpaid, Subscriber may be charged an applicable late fee in addition to Subscriber's past due balance at Spectrum's then current rate. If Subscriber's account thereafter remains unpaid, Subscriber's Services may be suspended or disconnected. El Abonado puede evitar los cargos por pago atrasado pagando en tiempo y forma su factura mensual. Todo cargo por pago atrasado no constituye interés, cargos de servicio por crédito, cargos financieros o recargos. Spectrum expects that Subscriber will pay for Services on a timely basis, and Spectrum does not extend credit to customers.
- Disclaimer: Spectrum assumes no liability for any program, services, content or information distributed on or through the Services and Spectrum expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for Subscriber's use thereof. Further, Spectrum shall not be responsible for any products, merchandise or prizes promoted or purchased through the use of the Services.
- Right to Make Credit Inquiries: Subscriber authorizes Spectrum to make inquiries and to receive information about Subscriber’s credit experiences, including Subscriber’s credit report, from others, to enter this information in Subscriber’s file, and to disclose this information concerning Subscriber to appropriate third parties for reasonable business purposes.
- Spectrum's Reservation of Rights: Spectrum reserves the right to refuse, suspend or terminate Service to any person at any time for any reason not prohibited by law. When practical, Spectrum will provide notice that is reasonable under the circumstances before suspending or terminating Service to an existing Subscriber, and Spectrum will provide any prior notice of suspension or termination that is required by law.
- Indemnification. In requesting and accepting Spectrum Services, Subscriber agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold Spectrum, including its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, and authorized agents (individually and collectively, "Spectrum Indemnitees") harmless from and against any and all demands, claims, suits, judgments, expenses (including without limitation reasonable attorney or witness fees), loss, damages to, or destruction of personal, real, or intellectual property, bodily injury or death of any person, and other liabilities arising from:
- The installation, operation, provision, or other use of Spectrum Services and/or Equipment;
- Any violation of Spectrum’s Terms of Service, Acceptable Use Policy, or other published policies or requirements;
- The negligence, willful misconduct, violation of a third party’s rights, or failure to comply with applicable law by (i) Subscriber, (ii) members of Subscriber’s household, or (iii) Subscriber’s guests, or (iv) any other person using the Services provided to Subscriber;
- Libel or slander resulting from any use of the Services by (i) Subscriber, (ii) members of Subscriber’s household, (iii) Subscriber’s guests, or (iv) any other person using the Services provided to Subscriber;
- Infringement or misappropriation of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade name, service mark, trade secret, or other intellectual property rights (whether by transmission or material or otherwise) by (i) Subscriber, (ii) members of Subscriber’s household, (iii) Subscriber’s guests, or (iv) any other person using the Services provided to Subscriber, including that effected through combination of Subscriber's use of the respective Service(s) with facilities, equipment, or services provided or used by Subscriber or obtained from third parties;
- Any unauthorized, unlawful, or fraudulent use of or access to the Services, except as otherwise provided by applicable law; and
- Any infringement or invasion of the right of privacy of any person or persons, caused or claimed to have been caused, directly or indirectly, by the installation, operation, failure to operate, maintenance, removal, presence, condition, or use of the 911 or E-911 service features and the equipment associated therewith, or by the use of any Voice Services furnished by Spectrum in connection with the 911 or E-911 service, including but not limited to, the telephone number, address or name associated with the telephone used by persons accessing 911 or E-911 service thereunder, and/or that which arises out of the negligence or other wrongful act of (i) Subscriber, (ii) members of Subscriber’s household, (iii) Subscriber’s guests, or (ii) any other person using the Services provided to Subscriber.
The foregoing defense and indemnity obligations exclude damages to the extent caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of the Spectrum Indemnitees. Subscriber agrees that Spectrum Indemnitees are not liable for any damages or liability resulting from the loss of Services (whether Internet, Cable, Voice, or other Services), nor will Subscriber make any claims or undertake any actions against Spectrum Indemnitees for loss of Service. Subscriber shall be solely responsible for any damage to or loss of Spectrum Equipment, unless such damage or loss is caused solely by the negligence or willful misconduct of Spectrum Indemnitees.
- LIMITACIÓN DE RESPONSABILIDAD. THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS SECTION APPLY TO ANY ACTS, OMISSIONS AND NEGLIGENCE OF SPECTRUM AND ITS THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AGENTS AND SUPPLIERS (AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS OR REPRESENTATIVES).
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL SPECTRUM BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE OR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS ASSOCIATED THEREWITH, INCLUDING ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, AGENTS OR SUBCONTRACTORS OF SPECTRUM, OR RELATING TO ANY SERVICES FURNISHED, WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BASED ON BREACH OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSES OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES OR WHETHER ANY OTHER REMEDY PROVIDED HEREIN FAILS. SPECTRUM'S ENTIRE LIABILITY AND CUSTOMER'S EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE USE OF THE SERVICES OR ANY BREACH BY SPECTRUM OF ANY OBLIGATION SPECTRUM MAY HAVE UNDER THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR APPLICABLE LAW, SHALL BE CUSTOMER'S ABILITY TO TERMINATE THE SERVICE OR TO OBTAIN THE REPLACEMENT OR REPAIR OF ANY DEFECTIVE EQUIPMENT PROVIDED BY SPECTRUM. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPECTRUM'S LIABILITY TO CUSTOMER FOR ANY CLAIM ARISING OUT OF THESE GENERAL TERMS EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY CUSTOMER DURING THE PRECEDING THIRTY (30) DAY PERIOD.
SUBSCRIBER ALSO AGREES THAT IT SHALL NOT BE PERMITTED TO BRING ANY CLAIM WHATSOEVER AGAINST SPECTRUM THAT RESULTS IN WHOLE OR IN PART FROM SUBSCRIBER’S FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE GENERAL TERMS.
THIS SECTION SHALL SURVIVE THE TERMINATION OF THESE GENERAL TERMS.
- ARBITRATION. The following provisions are important with respect to the agreement between Subscriber and Spectrum regarding Spectrum’s Services memorialized by these General Terms.
LÉALAS DETENIDAMENTE PARA ASEGURARSE DE QUE EL ABONADO COMPRENDE CADA UNA DE LAS DISPOSICIONES. These General Terms require the use of arbitration to resolve disputes and otherwise limits the remedies available to Subscriber in the event of a dispute.
Subject to the "Exclusions" paragraph below, Spectrum and Subscriber agree to arbitrate disputes and claims arising out of or relating to these General Terms, the Services, the Equipment, or marketing of the Services Subscriber has received from Spectrum. No obstante lo anterior, cada parte puede tomar una acción individual sobre cualquier asunto o materia ante el tribunal de reclamaciones menores.
THESE GENERAL TERMS MEMORIALIZE A TRANSACTION IN INTERSTATE COMMERCE.THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT GOVERNS THE INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEMENT OF THESE ARBITRATION PROVISIONS.
La parte que intente buscar arbitraje debe primero enviar a la otra una notificación por escrito de su intención de arbitraje, con el título "Aviso de Intención de Arbitraje" ("Aviso"). The Notice to Spectrum should be addressed to: VP and Associate General Counsel, Litigation, Charter Communications, 12405 Powerscourt Drive, St. Louis, MO 63131 ("Arbitration Notice Address"). El Aviso debe: (1) describir la naturaleza y la base de la reclamación o disputa; y (ii) estipular la compensación específica deseada. If we do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 30 days after the Notice is received, Subscriber or Spectrum may commence an arbitration proceeding, in which all issues are for the arbitrator to decide (including the scope of the arbitration clause), but the arbitrator shall be bound by the terms of these General Terms.
The arbitration shall be governed by the Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, "AAA Rules") of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as modified by these General Terms, and the arbitration shall be administered by the AAA. Las Normas AAA y la información sobre los cargos están disponibles en "www.adr.org", por teléfono al 1-800-778-7879 o por correo a la Dirección del Aviso de arbitraje.
SPECTRUM SHALL BEAR THE COST OF ANY ARBITRATION FILING FEES AND ARBITRATOR'S FEES FOR CLAIMS OF UP TO $75,000. SUBSCRIBER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OTHER ADDITIONAL COSTS THAT SUBSCRIBER INCURS IN THE ARBITRATION INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ATTORNEYS FEES OR EXPERT WITNESS COSTS UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED OF SPECTRUM UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Si el laudo arbitral supera los $75,000, cada parte puede apelar dicha sentencia a un panel de tres árbitros administrado por la AAA y seleccionado según las normas de la AAA, presentando una apelación por escrito en el plazo de 30 días posteriores a la fecha del laudo de arbitraje. La parte que apele debe ofrecer a la otra parte una copia de dicha apelación, junto con el envío del aviso de apelación a la AAA. El panel de tres árbitros debe emitir una decisión en un plazo de 120 días a partir de la fecha del aviso de apelación de la parte que apela. La decisión del panel de tres árbitros será definitiva y vinculante, excepto cuando exista algún derecho de apelación en conformidad con la Ley de Arbitraje Federal.
Las partes pueden optar por un arbitraje realizado únicamente en función de los documentos enviados al árbitro, por audiencia telefónica, o por audiencia en persona tal y como lo establecen las normas de la AAA.
SUBSCRIBER AGREES THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, SUBSCRIBER AND SPECTRUM ARE WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JUDGE OR JURY
Unless Spectrum and Subscriber agree otherwise in writing, all hearings conducted as part of the arbitration shall take place in the county (or parish) of Subscriber’s billing address.
El árbitro puede conceder medidas cautelares solamente en favor de la parte que busca la compensación, solo hasta el alcance deseado, y solo hasta el límite necesario para ofrecer la compensación específica garantizada por la reclamación de dicho individuo.
The parties agree that the arbitrator must give effect to the terms of these General Terms.
SUBSCRIBER AND SPECTRUM AGREE THAT CLAIMS MAY ONLY BE BROUGHT IN SUBSCRIBER’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT ON BEHALF OF, OR AS PART OF, A CLASS ACTION OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING
Furthermore, unless both Subscriber and Spectrum agree otherwise in writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate proceedings or more than one person's claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of representative or class proceeding. Si este párrafo específico no se puede aplicar, entonces la totalidad de estas disposiciones de arbitraje se declararán nulas, sin validez y sin efecto con respecto a la reclamación específica objeto del problema.
Right to Opt Out. If Subscriber does not wish to be bound by these arbitration provisions, Subscriber must notify Spectrum in writing within 30 days of (a) the date that this arbitration provision becomes effective, if Subscriber is an existing customer, or (b) the date that Subscriber first subscribes to the Service(s). El Abonado puede optar por la exclusión por correo postal a la Dirección del Aviso de arbitraje. Subscriber's written notification to Spectrum must include Subscriber's name, address, and Spectrum account number as well as a clear statement that Subscriber does not wish to resolve disputes with Spectrum through arbitration. Subscriber's decision to opt out of this arbitration provision will have no adverse effect on Subscriber's relationship with Spectrum or the delivery of Services to Subscriber by Spectrum.
Divisibilidad. Si alguna cláusula de estas disposiciones de arbitraje resulta ser ilegal o no aplicable, esa cláusula específica se separará de estas disposiciones de arbitraje, y las restantes disposiciones de arbitraje entrarán en vigor.
SIN PERJUICIO DE CUALQUIER DISPOSICIÓN AL CONTRARIO, EN EL CASO DE QUE SE DETERMINARA QUE ALGUNAS O TODAS LAS DISPOSICIONES DE ARBITRAJE SON ILEGALES O NO APLICABLES POR CUALQUIER MOTIVO, O SI UN TRIBUNAL DECIDIERA A PARTIR DE UNA RECLAMACIÓN QUE QUEDE FUERA DEL ÁMBITO DE ESTAS DISPOSICIONES DE ARBITRAJE CON RESPECTO A LA QUEJA OBJETO DEL PROBLEMA, AMBAS PARTES ACUERDAN RENUNCIAR, HASTA EL ALCANCE PERMITIDO POR LA LEY, A CUALQUIER JUICIO CON JURADO.
For purposes of the foregoing sentence only, in the event such waiver is found to be unenforceable, it shall be severed from these General Terms, rendered null and void and of no further effect without affecting the rest of the arbitration provisions set forth herein.
EXCLUSIONS. SUBSCRIBER AND SPECTRUM AGREE THAT THE FOLLOWING CLAIMS OR DISPUTES SHALL NOT BE SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION:
(1) ANY INDIVIDUAL ACTION BROUGHT BY SUBSCRIBER OR BY SPECTRUM ON ANY MATTER OR SUBJECT THAT IS WITHIN THE JURISDICTION OF A COURT THAT IS LIMITED TO ADJUDICATING SMALL CLAIMS.
(2) TODA DISPUTA SOBRE LA VALIDEZ DE CUALQUIER DERECHO DE PROPIEDAD INTELECTUAL DE LAS PARTES.
(3) TODA DISPUTA RELACIONADA CON O DERIVADA DE IMPUTACIONES ASOCIADAS CON EL USO O LA RECEPCIÓN DEL SERVICIO NO AUTORIZADOS.
For New York Video Subscribers. Subscriber may elect to resolve a dispute through the New York Public Service Commission in accordance with 16 NYCRR §890.709(a) and 16 NYCRR §709(c).
The foregoing arbitration provisions shall survive the termination of these General Terms.
- SUBSCRIBER HAS ONE YEAR TO BRING A CLAIM AGAINST SPECTRUM, UNLESS SUBSCRIBER OPTS OUT. Subscriber must bring any claim against Spectrum within one (1) year after the date on which the claim arose or, unless applicable law provides that the normal statute of limitations for that claim may not be shortened by agreement. If Subscriber does not bring a claim within this period, Subscriber waives, to the fullest extent permitted by law, all rights Subscriber has to such claim and Spectrum will have no liability with respect to such claim.
Subscriber may opt out of this Section, in which case the normal statute of limitations will apply. To opt out, Subscriber must notify Spectrum in writing by sending a letter to Spectrum addressed to VP and Associate General Counsel, Litigation, Charter Communications, 12405 Powerscourt Drive, St. Louis, MO 63131, within 30 days of (a) the date that this provision becomes effective, if Subscriber is an existing customer, or (b) the date that Subscriber first subscribes to the Service(s). Subscriber's written notice must include Subscriber's name, address, and Spectrum account number as well as a clear statement that Subscriber does not wish this Section to apply.
This Section shall survive the termination of these General Terms.
- Force Majeure: Spectrum shall not be liable for any failure of performance or equipment of any kind (including Spectrum Equipment) due to causes beyond its control, including but not limited to: acts of God, fire, flood, or other catastrophes; loss of electrical power; any law, order, regulation, direction, action, or request of the United States Government, or of any other government, including state and local governments having or claiming jurisdiction over Spectrum, or of any department agency, commission, bureau, corporation, or other instrumentality of any one or more of these federal, state, or local governments, or of any civil or military authority; national emergencies; insurrection; riots, wars; unavailability of rights-of-way or materials; or strikes, lock-outs, work stoppages, or other labor difficulties.
- Survival of Terms. In addition to the terms that are specifically noted in these General Terms as surviving termination of these General Terms, all representations, warranties, indemnifications, and limitations of liability shall survive these General Terms. Spectrum’s right to contact Subscriber shall also survive these General Terms unless Subscriber opts out in the manner described in these General Terms. All other obligations of Subscriber and Spectrum under these General Terms also survive termination if they relate to the period before termination or, if by their terms, they would be expected to survive such termination.
- Entire Agreement: These General Terms (including the Terms of Service incorporated herein by reference) constitute the entire agreement between the Subscriber and Spectrum. No undertaking, representation or warranty made by an agent or representative of Spectrum in connection with the sale, installation, maintenance or removal of Spectrum's Services or Equipment shall be binding on Spectrum except as expressly included herein. Subscriber agrees that, if any portion of these General Terms is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion will be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible, and if severed or rendered null and void thereby, the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. If Spectrum fails to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these General Terms, it does not thereby waive any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of these General Terms.